Be a Friend and join a non-profit organization dedicated to enhancing the Library through outreach and advocacy efforts. The Friends were formed in 1984 to advocate for a bond issue, which led
to the Library's separation from the Kansas City School district and
allowed for the branches to be built.
The friends are involved in a number of activities that benefit the Library such as:
- Book sales that provide monetary gifts to each branch library to encourage love of reading and life-long learning by expanding non-budgeted library programs.
- Two annual scholarships awarded to members of the Library staff to attend the annual American Library Association (ALA) national conference.
- Financial support for the Bradbury Speaker Series and Script-In-Hand performances.
- A myriad of volunteer opportunities from staffing book sales to hosting Library events. Contact us for more info >
- Monthly tours of local historical libraries.
Since the Friends were founded in 1984, they have made over $1,000,000 in gifts to the Library.
Join Now »